If you have any questions about the scholarship, please call (847) 940-4000. Thank you for your cooperation.
DePaolo & Zadeikis Law Offices Military Scholarship 2020
We wish to thank the veterans of the United States Armed Forces and your immediate family members for your faithful service to our country. To assist in your transition back to civilian life we are offering a $1,000 scholarship to be used at the vocational or trade school, 2 or 4 year university, or graduate school of your choosing.
This scholarship is open to military veterans of the United States Armed Forces and immediate family members (parents, children, and grandchildren) who will be enrolled in an accredited community college, 2 or 4 year university, trade or vocational school or graduate school in the fall of 2020.
- The applicant must complete the online form which appears below by July 15, 2020. Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- The applicant must give full rights for the use of the essay to the Law Office of DePaolo & Zadeikis for any advertising or promotional purposes.
- The winner must provide proof of military service or if a family member, proof of the relationship to the veteran and proof of his/her service. The military member must have been discharged honorably.
- The winner must provide proof of full-time enrollment.
- The winner consents to the use of his/her picture and other basic information on the winner page of the dzinjurylawyers.com website.
- The work must be your own.
Write an essay of 1000 words or less on the following topic:
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages, as well as the dangers of choosing to ride a bicycle to work every day.
Essay Format Requirements
- The Essay must be 1,000 words or less.
- Post the essay to your blog. This can be a student blog on your university website or your own personal blog. If you do not have a blog, you can create one here for free: www.wordpress.com.
- Include at least three “clickable” links to authoritative sources. At least one of these has to go to an article on dzinjurylawyers blog. We added some below to get you started. Feel free to use different posts from our blog archive.
- Please note that the link to dzinjurylawyers blog must be “clickable,” meaning that it is not enough to simply cite to the post. (Quick tip: In order to make a link clickable, highlight the entire link, click “Command + K” on your keyboard).
- You must be listed as the author of the essay on the website and the blog post must be set to “public”.
- The work must be your own.
Announcement of Scholarship Winner:
The decision of the committee is final. The winner will be notified via email or phone by August 15, 2020. The funds will be disbursed directly to the college or university to be used for tuition only. The winning essay may be published at dzinjurylawyers.com.
Our scholarship recipient will also be asked to submit a current photo to be published in an announcement to recognize this year’s winner on our website.
Please complete the form below to submit your application.
By submitting your application, you consent to DePaolo & Zadeikis Law Offices publishing your essay and picture on https://dzinjurylawyers.com. DePaolo & Zadeikis Law Offices has the sole right to resolve any disputes which may arise in the selection of the award winner. There will only be one award allotted.